Baby Room and Bedroom Safety for Kids
(scroll this section to read all)
The UK has over a million accidents per year needing hospital visits for children and a proportion of these occur in the bedroom or baby room. So keep your eyes peeled for hazards!
Some key safety tips
- Never put anything into an electric socket except a plug. You could get a nasty shock
- Don't climb to look out of windows. You could fall out and really hurt yourself
- If you have a very young brother or sister don't give them your toys, especially ones with small parts. They could choke!
- If you see hot objects such as hairdryers or hair straighteners you must never touch them. Ask your parents to move them!
- Never take medicines or use cosmetics or other household detergents
- Don't put soft pillows or toys and no items with string or rope other items into your baby brother or sister's crib / cot which they could injure themselves on.
The young girl is sound asleep in her bedroom in her nice comfy bed. But look closely - can you spot all of the dangers she might be exposed to? Can you see a danger near the window and around the rug under her bed.....Read More
See if you can spot the bedroom hazards. Electrical Safety in 5 parts of the house is highlighted including the bedroom. Have a look at the electrical appliances (TV, lamp, electric keyboard etc.) and see if you can identify all of the hidden dangers in this scene.....Read More
Find four safety hazards per room by clicking on the area of the hazard. The reasoning as to why this is a hazard is explained. Do a safety assessment on 3 areas of the....Read More